Saturday, October 4, 2008

Changes....

The last year has brought many changes. If anyone would have told me a year ago that I would be living in downtown Chicago, in a highrise and walking to work everyday I would have laughed at them and told them they have no idea what they are talking about.....but they would have been the ones laughing becasue that is exactly where I am and exactly what I am doing!!
Life is funny, just when we think we have it all figured out, it throws us a curve ball and the last year has certainly thrown me a few curve balls.

The biggest curve ball was the loss of my brother on October 28, 2007. We were very close and his loss has hit my family very hard. Harder than most probably realize. I miss him terribly and can't believe that he has been gone almost a year.

The next curve ball came in January 2008 when I was laid off from my job, which was a blessing in a way becasue I HATED that job!!!! haha After several long months on the job search with no luck I decided to leave California and venture out to the midwest in hopes for luck on the job search and a fresh start.

It is now October 2008 and I am happy to say that I am settled into big city living in Chicago and loving my new life. I have started a new job as an Executive Assistant at a Private Equity company, have made some friends and have even gone out on a few dates!!! Life is looking up!!!

We never know what to expect and sometimes life doesn't turn out the way we expect but there is a bigger picture and we must trust in that. I have traveled down a path over the last year that might have been different if things didn't happen the way they did but I am confident that I am following the path that is meant for me and I know that I have a very special angel helping guide me down that path.

I am starting this blog so all of my friends and family back home can stay connected with my adventures in the big city. I think about you all often and miss you a lot!!!

No comments: